Kyoshi Fred Richmond
- 7/10/2010 - Awarded the title Kyoshi by CHKA board and Sifu Jack in New York.
- 2009 - Inducted into the Illinois State Martial Arts Hall of Fame.
- 2008 - Became the Vice-President of the Martial Arts Karate Association (MAKA).
- 2008 - Promoted to 8th Dan Black Belt.
- 2005 - Joined Team Ki International.
- 2004 - Joined World Champion Johnny Murphy's national team "Focus".
- 2003 - Awarded his Doctorate in Asian Philosophy.
- 2002 - Promoted to 7th Dan Black Belt.
- 2001 - Received #1 ranking in forms and weapons, and #2 in sparring.
- 2001 - Became a Member of the World Karate Team IDC.
- 1999-2001 - Illinois State Champion in forms and weapons.
- 1999 - Opened the sixth USDTKA school in Schererville, IN, with a total of 400 students.
- 1998 - Opened the fifth USDTKA school at Prairie State College, Chicago Heights, IL.
- 1997-1999 - Triple crown karate champion (Rated #1 in forms, weapons, and sparring).
- 1997 - Opened the fourth USDTKA school at Truman College, Chicago, IL.
- Presented 1st U.S. Dragons Tong Karate Championships in Chicago, IL.
- 1996 - Rated #3 in open hand forms, weapons and sparring in the Mid-West.
- 1994 - Promoted to 5th Dan Black Belt by the President of the AKA.
- 1994 - Opened third USDKTA school with 150 overall student membership.
- 1988 - Received 4th Dan Black Belt.
- 1985-1987 - Ranked #1 overall competitior (Mid-West Karate Cricuit).
- 1984 - Received 3rd Dan Black Belt from the AKA.
- Opened second USDTKA school at the University of Illinois in Chicago.
- 1981 - Received 2nd Dan Black Belt from the American Karate Association(AKA).
- 1980-1984 - Rated #2 in Illinois for open hand forms and sparring.
- Received 1st Dan Black Belt in TaeKwonDo 1979 and opened the first USDTKA school of TaeKwonDo/HapKiDo. Chicago, IL.
- Received #1 ranking in California for Black Belt Men's Sparring (Featured in Karate Illustrated Magazine).
- 1978 - Member of the United States Marine Corps Karate Team (Camp Pendleton California).
- Received 1st Dan Black Belt in Japanese Isshinryu karate 1978.
- Won the SanDeigo State Championship in Men's Sparring 1977.
- Began Martial Arts Training in TaeKwonDo in 1976 with Master J.C. Hamlin.
Copyright @ 2002-2013 Walter Barsell. All rights reserved.
For questions and comments, contact Walter at email@example.com.